Thursday, December 4th, was exactly one month since I left New York. It was terrible weather, so to celebrate my one month I went to visit a couple of guys... in their final resting places. I stopped by Jim Morrison and Napoleon and spent the rest of my day visiting the best military museum I have ever been to, Musée de l'Armée.
However, as exciting as visiting a couple of dead guys and learning about all the death and destruction wars cause, I have also decided to make a little list. The list of things I have noticed in the 3 countries (not counting Ireland as my stay was so short) that I have spent time in during the last month... This list will most definitely change as time passes. Additionally this list is completely biased based on my personal views and what I actually got to experience in each country. It is also lacking many things and not really properly done at all, but on that note...
The List:
Italy: Cheapest Country, Smallest Cars, Most stylish people, Best food!, Easiest Language to Understand, Least Organized, Most Unique Culture, Most Interesting History (Tie)
Switzerland: Most Expensive by far, Prettiest Country, Most organized (almost to much so), Least Unique Culture,
France: Biggest Cars, Prettiest City (Paris), Best Wine, Prettiest, but most difficult language to speak and understand, Most Interesting History (Tie), Best Museums
I am sure there is much more, but I just woke up and thats all I can think of right now...
To end though, I would like to share an email my grandpa sent me... It reminds so much of how I sometimes try to communicate with other people while traveling;
I was in Paris in 1945 where my buddies & I wandered to a farm house on the outskirts to pass an hour before the troop train left for Germany. They picked me to ask the farmer how to get back to the train because they knew I had 3 years of high school French. I couldn't remember, so I made all kinds of train sounds instead. When we finally got back, I remembered that train is spelled the same in French as English, but pronounced differently. What an embarrassment. Miss you, Grandpa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you get to Normandy? When you go to Madrid, find out how much they pay to go in with the bull in the ring. Ask for cash and run fast! Luv- Dad
Post a Comment