First off, I just want to say THANK YOU for all of the comments and the emails. It really makes me happy to hear from everybody! If you have any questions about anything, always feel free to ask!
I have put up my second set of pictures on facebook. It covers Switzerland and a bit of Paris. For those of you without facebook, you can click on this link to view the pictures http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/travelingstu/Europe%20Part%202/?albumview=slideshow
I have been spending some time in the so called Latin Quarter of the city. A student section filled with small crowded streets and lots of cheap food! Also there are several very small and very disorganized bookstores selling used English language books for very cheap prices. The books are literally piled everywhere possible. Some of these stores look like they will topple over if too many of the books are removed. However, I was able to sift through and find a couple of cheap books to replace my already finished 700 page book called "The Decline and Fall of the British Empire". One replacement is the 1500 page mega book titled "The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich" (between these two books I think I will have a pretty good idea of how to run an empire and keep it from failing, you know just in case the opportunity ever arises). I also picked up the much easier and shorter 250 page book titled "The Long Walk". It is a true story about a couple of guys who walked a 4000 mile journey from Russia to India in order to escape the Soviet Secret Police. The interesting thing about these books is that they are both the 1960's version of the books even though much newer versions have been printed as recently as 2006.
Everything else is going great. Tomorrow I am most likely going to visit Versailles and hammer out a few peace treaties in good spirit.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stu- You continue to amaze me! Your adventures are truly wonderful- lifetime of memories- Have a wonderful time the rest of your stay in Paris and all of your other excursions- luv dad
Post a Comment