That seemed to be the word to use during my short time in Dublin. Due to some flight delays and other minor problems I only ended up with a few hours for the city. A beautiful city at that. I definitely would have loved to spend more time wondering and getting lost amongst the old buildings and listening to the enjoyable Irish accents.
After some more flight delays and busing problems and such, I eventually made my way to Venice. Again due to some small issues I didn't actually get to see much of venice. However, I certainly got a taste of Venice. Beautiful, and very similiar to how I imagined it to be. It was also quite touristy. Venice was worth seeing, but I am much more excited for other parts of Italy. Particularly when I go down south to the small towns!
Now I have arrived safely in Florence. I was without much sleep or food for the first two days... but now I'm good to go. Ready to explore. I have an excellent host, Carmelina, and her roomates. I am very excited.
I will try to figure out how to post pictures when I get the chance. For now I must go, explore, Italian style.
Things will slow down. I hopefully will not be rushed anymore on my trip. I will able to slowly enjoy myself. Truly take in a city. I'd rather see less, but experience more.
"The value of your travels does not hinge on how many stamps you have in your passport when you get home - and the slow, nuanced experience of a single country is always better than the hurried, superficial experience of forty countries."
-Rolf Potts, Vagabonding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you made it safely to Florence- pity about the delays- did you take a ride through the canals in Venice? Have a great time in Italy- Manga! Dad
Post a Comment